We spend a lot of time in our living rooms, so they easily become cluttered and dirty. The cleaning experts at Sterling Maids are here to help! Not only do we offer cleaning services that allow you to get back to living your life while we take care of keeping the house clean; we’re also your one-stop shop for all the tips you need to keep a clean living room when we’re not there to help.
About Our Living Room Cleaning Services
When we clean any room of the house, we begin working “top to bottom, left to right” to clear cobwebs, clean light fixtures and ceiling fans, and more. In living rooms, the housekeeping team then dusts blinds, entertainment centers, coffee tables and other wood furniture. We carefully dust knickknacks, avoiding breakables you’ve specified we shouldn’t touch. After dusting and cleaning glass surfaces, our housekeeping professionals remove all furniture cushions and carefully vacuum away dirt or dust that has settled in couches or chairs.
What do we clean?
- Window sills
- Entertainment centers
- Coffee tables
How to Clean a Living Room
Where Do I Begin to Declutter?
Sometimes your house isn’t as dirty as it is cluttered. Objects you don’t need, use or know where to store can quickly accumulate and overtake your home. Even when they are cleaned, you may not get that sense of “clean house satisfaction” you desire. Learn how to clutter your home and regain your space, with these tips.
- Consider whether you truly need an item. If you don’t know when you last used it or when you might use it again, consider tossing it or donating it. Remember – if it looks like junk, feels like junk and nobody knows what to do with it, it’s junk.
- Make sure that whenever you are done using an object, you put it away. Make sure that your family follows this rule as well. One particularly effective method of cluttering your life is simply putting away objects left out by others. If they ask about the location of the object, tell them that if they didn’t pick it up, it’s gone. Usually a couple of reminders like this are enough to start some new habits.
- Always save vacuuming for last. This ensures that you’ll suck up all the debris that’s been shifted onto the floor during the cleaning process.
Living Room Cleaning Schedule
The key to a clean living room is cleaning it consistently. At Sterling Maids, we follow a cleaning routine that ensures that all your spaces are as clean as possible. For your personal cleaning needs, we suggest following this simple house cleaning schedule:
- Daily: On a daily basis, collect any toys, mail, etc., that has accumulated over the course of the day, and put them in a pile in the middle of the room. One by one, put them where they belong.
- Weekly: Once a week, dust around the room, working left to right and top to bottom. From there, you can move on to cleaning your coffee table and other surfaces. After dusting, it is a good time to vacuum your furniture. Remove and rotate the sofa cushions to encourage even wear and extend their useful life.
- Monthly: Move your furniture and vacuum beneath it. Wash your windows as well, weather permitting (i.e., above 50 degrees). You should also clean your furniture as necessary.
- Yearly: On a yearly basis, you should evaluate your living room, taking care to cluttered. Dust anything that is hard to reach (e.g., ceiling fan), using a ladder as necessary. Another good yearly task is finding an opportunity to clean your fireplace if you have one.
Professional House Cleaning When You Need It.
We know the most effective way to keep a living room clean is to clean it on a weekly basis.
Feeling overwhelmed by the idea of keeping your living room clean after making dinner, wrangling the kids and getting them to bed? The cleaning professionals at Sterling Maids are here to help! Contact Call 571-733-3055 , or Request a FREE Estimate online.